Thursday, July 16, 2009

Lovely Lavendy Festy!

Last weekend, I got to spend time with just me and my older sister at Mona's annual Lavender Festival!

There were so many beautiful, beautiful flowers (including some roses in colors I've never seen before!) and some great insects I spent a bit chasing around.










We got a tour of their distillery where we learned all about the essential oils extraction process, and watched a video about how they're going to change the face of medicine and therefore save the world! ('merica!)





And then, of course there was the breath-taking lavender fields!









We got pretty thirsty out there in the July heat, so we bought some AMAZING lavender ice cream, yum!


It was a great day to spend with my big sister!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Huzzah!

Anonymous said...

AMAZING photos, Boops! AMAZING!

(I wish I could have gone.)